How to Set Up Amazon Sales Channel in Shopify
In order to automatically sync Amazon orders with your Shopify account, you need to add the Amazon sales channel. Before you set this up, make sure you’re eligible for selling on Amazon by meeting the following requirements:
- You need a professional seller account with Amazon Central. Amazon charges a monthly subscription for this.
- Products must be sold in USD or CAD.
- Your return policy must meet the Amazon return standards.
- You must have an active Shopify subscription.
Once you meet these requirements, you may also need to get approved to sell in the category that best describes your products.
Amazon only allows merchants to create listings in specific categories for the Amazon sales channel.
After you’ve been approved and your eligibility requirements have been met, you can set up the Amazon sales channel by completing the following steps:
Step #1: Click the plus sign (+) next to “Sales Channels” from your Shopify admin homepage.
Step #2: Locate “Amazon” and click the add button (+) next to the description.
Step #3: Connect to your Amazon account.
Once you hit connect, you’ll be prompted to log in to your existing Amazon profile. For those of you who don’t already have a pro seller account, you can follow the prompts on the screen to set one up. After you complete these steps, you can start managing your Amazon orders through Shopify.
Getting Started Selling on Amazon
For those of you who are new to using Amazon as a merchant, then you may need to update the settings of your Amazon seller account.
These are the three ways that you can use the Amazon sales channel:
- Sell products in Shopify that are identical to ones currently listed on Amazon, but not for sale. All you need to do is create an offer. This is the most straightforward way to use this sales channel.
- Sell unique products or product varients that are not listed on Amazon. Once you create a new listing, an offer for the product gets created automatically.
- Sell products that are for sale on both Shopify and Amazon. In this case, you can just link your Shopify account to your existing Amazon listings.
So set up your Amazon sales channel using the method that best describes your situation.